November – Gratitude, Earth Appreciation, Numbers
Opening Activities –
- Play Dough
- Hammering Golf Tees into boxes (See October Preschool for picture reference)
- Tracing Lines – Picture of leaves falling off trees. (source: education.com) Put printable in sheet protector and gave each child a wipe and a dry erase marker.
- Feed the Turkey – picking up pom poms with tongs and putting them in containers. source: @busytoddler
Circle Time – Read about Circle Time Here
Music Time – November Music List
- Work on counting with our fingers. This is fine motor practice. We used a THIS song to practice.
- Shadow Match – we used these shadow matches and took turns matching and sticking them to our learning wall.
- Did a wood number puzzle together and focused on what the symbols that represent the numbers look like.
- Introduced a ‘5 frame’. I made a 1×5 grid on the floor with painters tape. We picked out toys and assigned 1 toy per square in the grid. We added numbers from the grid and took them away. @busytoddler
- Built with mega blocks using different number of blocks. Shows bigger numbers equal bigger towers.
- Went on Fall scavenger hunt. Used THIS printable.
Arts and Crafts
- Laminate leaves we found on our scavenger hunt. Makes a fun sun-catcher, but can be very hard on your laminator.
- Use cotton ball clothespin paintbrushes to sponge paint fall leaves on tree.
- Turkey Feather Button Busy Activity. ( pictured below) Fine Motor Practice.
- Made a Turkey themed Lunch: A pizza that looked like a turkey and and apple with toothpicks with grapes, and cheese for feathers.
- Mega Blocks
- Matching Games
- Sensory Bin
- Reading Books